Photographs: Asemina Boulgari
The Ursulines Monastery in Loutra village, Tinos, pictured in the photographs below, was built 150 years ago in the year 1862 by Maria – Anna Livs who was born in Istanbul in 1825 and joined the Ursulines in 1853.
The monastery functioned as an autonomous community, until a few decades ago, with privately owned farms, vineyards, wine press, vegetable gardens, farm, bakery, cobbler, shoe smith, metal smith, laundry room, looms, carpet factory, tailor, sewing school, music school and much more!
The following pictures are taken in the Monastery and School of the Ursulines in 2015 and try to depict a long gone era. Enjoy the atmosphere!!!
More information here