17 Aug Blacksmith with a flair
Demetres Chatzes is the 3rd generation of blacksmiths dating back to 1910. His creations are both functional and artistic.
Following are some categories of hand made products he has made during the years:
– Marble sculpture tools for the school of Marble Sculpting in Pyrgos, Tinos, and various professionals in the field of monument restoration such as the Acropolis, The Temple of Apollo in Vasses and other
– Various complicated mechanisms such as locks
– Hand made latches, door knobs, hinges etc.
– Hand made metal fences, balconies etc.
– Constructions such as metal beds, lamps, candelabras etc.
– Sculptures made of metal
– Restoration of an old wind mill at Isternia village
– Collaboration with various museums for the reproduction of ancient artifacts
More about this lost art at http://metalandart.gr/en/